Monday, October 3, 2016

Palmetto Islands County Park

I am loving these early morning walks.  A couple of places that I would like to go don't open until 9:00 am and I like to go out earlier than that.  Maybe I will be a bit later for the next outing.

Palmetto Park is also in Mount Pleasant.  We first visited years and years ago before we moved here so it was probably something like 1999 when my grandsons were little guys - and they are all grown up now.  This is a really big park for being in the city and we only visited a portion of it.  Admission is $2 per adult.  Not sure about kids.  Dogs are welcome on leash and there is also a dog park!  So, come with me as we re-explore an old favorite!


This is one of the kayak launch docks.
I was surprised there was no one fishing but it was a Monday - back to work!

Group party/picnic area


You have got to love this great swing for viewing the wildlife and just relaxing.


Another launch area.

There are little paths and walkways everywhere.

Boardwalks

There is a large observation tower for those with strong legs!
The views from the tower are fabulous.


My exploring partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment