Monday, October 3, 2016

Back in the Lowcountry

I have been gone from the Lowcountry for so, so long.  I am back for a visit with my family and have had fun revisiting some of my most favorite places.  Please come along with me as I take you on a tour!

My first visit was to Pitt Street Park in Mount Pleasant which is just across the bridge from Charleston.  Pitt Street used to lead to a pontoon bridge that spanned the Intra-coastal Waterway to reach Sullivan's Island.  Today the bridge has been replaced by the Ben Sawyer Bridge and the old bridge area turned into a lovely little park.  I took my grand-dog, Lacey, a yellow lab and set out early in the morning.
As we were leaving I realized that most people who visit Charleston never find their way to the Old Village in Mount Pleasant.  It is so full of charm - I took this picture quickly out the windshield as I headed home.  I hope you enjoyed your visit with me!

I was there five years ago and your can see that posting by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment