Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Charles Pinckney National Historic Site

Charles Pinckney National Historic Site is just a few minutes from my home but I had never been there until this past weekend.  I went early on a Sunday morning when no one else was around.  There is no admission fee and dogs on leashes are allowed.  It is a delightful place full of history and the south.  I don't know which I enjoyed more, the history or the nature walk.  It was all so beautiful!  I will go back!

Charles Pinckney was a principal author and a signer of the United States Constitution. This remnant of his coastal plantation is preserved to tell the story of a "forgotten founder," his life of public service, the lives of enslaved African Americans on South Carolina Lowcountry plantations and their influences on Charles Pinckney.

1 comment: