Thursday, January 5, 2012

And More of the Winter Swamp Garden

As I left the ducks I noticed a marked trail that went into the forest right next to the pond. I had never seen it before and didn't know where it went - but it couldn't be too scary as I was at Magnolia Gardens - right?? Surely it would come out at some desirable place. Well, I have lived with Kirby long enough to know that I HAD to do this! And was I ever glad that I did. It turned out to be a short trail that is not on any of the literature nor is it on any maps or information boards that I have seen. But it was clearly marked and well kept up. Come along with me.... it was really fun!

There were a few areas that had raised boardwalk but most of the trail was just well maintained DIRT.


The trail ran right along the side of the pond so it was very swampy.

Winter was in full bloom with the carpet of leaves.



One spot was not "well maintained" but I managed to get around it!

No comments:

Post a Comment