Monday, October 3, 2016

Shem Creek Park

The next place we visited was Shem Creek Park in Mount Pleasant.  It is a fairly new park and I though I had died and gone to heaven the first time I visited.  Walking on a boardwalk with the marshlands all around me, shrimp boats, fishing boats, water everywhere and quaint restaurants.  I took way too many pictures but you will get to see what I am talking about.  Here we go!
There are a few ways to access the park and I chose the main entrance.


Up close and personal with the shrimp boats!


Looking across Shem Creek to a couple of shrimp boats.
Vickery's is a very popular restaurant right on the creek.

This is Red's, which is my favorite place on the creek when I want to people watch, have a cold beer or a glass of wine and a nice southern meal.





This is Lacey, my grand-dog who was so good about letting me take pictures.

I have taken pretty much this same picture more than once because I love seeing the Arthur Ravenel Bridge in the distance.


There is just this one small hammock in the park where you can spend a bit of time in the shade on a hot and sunny day.


Never give up.  Never let anything stop you from enjoying the things that bring you pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment